It’s time to get rid of those plain old candles for a cake topper and step up your dessert table game. Have your goodies make quite the statement and add these lovely details to make the sweets even sweeter. It is also a great way to tie your party theme into your treats. We’ve searched the web and rounded up these 17 adorable dessert toppers that will make your guests swoon!
1. Tissue Pom Pom Toppers – With such a versatile look, they can really fit any theme. Bonus – it’s a DIY so if you want to get crafty, we’ve got you covered. (via the kitchn)
2. Gold hearts – What’s better than one gold heart? A bunch of gold hearts! We love this look, so simple yet elegant, and an easy way to dress up a white cake. (via 100 Layer Cake)
3. Balloon Kit – As you know, we are all about Kits here. You can order this balloon kit through Etsy and it has everything you need to make the topper. (via Potter + Butler)
4. Sparklers Toothpick Toppers – Use the tutorial to create your own Sparkler Toothpick Topper for a New Year’s Eve party. You get the look of a gorgeous sparkler without the mess of lighting real ones. (via The 36th Avenue)
5. Hot Air Balloon Topper – This hot air balloon topper is just so darn cute. And guess what else? Easy! Composed of just a mini cupcake, mini Japanese lantern, and toothpicks, it makes you want to host a hot air balloon party just to use this topper. (via Project Nursery)
6. Pennant Flag Cupcakes – Set the pennant flags up like a mast or make a bunting pennant banner out of them. Either way they are festive and pretty! (via Bayside Bride) And how can we not mention this cake stand?! Love!
7. White Chocolate Christmas Trees – Get in the holiday spirit with a festive white Christmas tree topper (via BHG).
8. DIY Ruffle Fondant Hearts – These fondant hearts are just so lovely for any special occasion, but especially fitting for a bridal shower. (via Julep)
9. Shrinky Party Cake Toppers – An adorable and innovative use of printable Shrinky Dink Paper (who knew?!) Use numbers or create your own designs for a topper. (via Polkadot Prints)
10. DIY Typography Cake Toppers – A fresh and modern take on a topper for a baby shower or a birthday, complete with the cake topper download. (via The Proper Pinwheel)
11. Circle Garland Topper – Bakers twine, a circle craft punch, and the paper of your choice make this sweet garland topper. (via Project Nursery)
12. Gold Bow Toppers – So chic and feminine, these gold bows are perfect for any age. (via Fawn Over Baby)
13. It’s a Boy Script ($30) – A perfect baby shower topper, and it comes in the color of your choice! (via Sweet and Saucy Supply)
14. Pinwheel Cake Topper – These pinwheel toppers are fitting for a springtime soiree, and Martha Stewart provides you with the how-to of course! (via Martha Stewart Weddings)
15. Gelatin Bubbles – Top off your dessert with these easy to make gelatin bubbles. You can also try placing these on a paper straw or toothpick and making mini balloons, how cute would that be! (via Sprinkle Bakes)
16. Hooray/Let’s Party Cake Toppers ($10) – Have your sweets make a statement, literally, with these fun and affordable toppers! (via Confetti & Co)
17. Paper Straw Birthday Candle Cupcake Toppers – I know we said ditch the boring candles, but these are neither boring or actual candles! Such a creative take on the traditional birthday candle, it’s one of our favorite DIYs. (via Icing Designs)
Looking for more ideas? Our Hostess Kits have the option of adding on coordinating dessert toppers, many of which are personalized. Check out our Shop for more party goods!